Recently I've spent a little bit of time having fun and playing around with the programming-software that Stephen gave me 3 years ago for Christmas. This software was designed to allow somebody to create a video game - specifically an RPG. It is extremely flexible though - hopefully I'll be able to give it a retro feel, while not making everybody as bored as they were during Final Fantasy 2, hahaha. John, if you liked that one I apologize.
Anyways, I'm going to find a way to add it to this page, to be playable, updating it every once in a while. Right now I only have about 30-45 minutes of content, and not much plot (though I actually do have about 20 pages of plot, character information, world content, and ideas typed up).
Anyways, I'm pretty excited about it. As in VERY excited about it. I figured it was time I thanked Steve for what he gave me back then, so here it is. Thanks!
That's awesome! I've only played with RPG Maker a little but I've heard it can be a good tool.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what goals you have in mind for your game but if you wanted someday to do something like get it on Steam there are a few hoops to jump through but it may be easier than you'd think. I have a couple of tips that could help you get it through (there's a couple of things I did that really helped my games push through Steam Greenlight quickly).
Jonas and I are excited to see what you're working on :)
-Russell